Pizza Dough Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons (1 packet) instant yeast
- ½ tablespoon (1 glug) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon (2 pinches) kosher salt
- 1⅓ cups warm water
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine all of your ingredients. Leave out just a little bit of the water.
- Using the dough hook from your mixer, stir until a loose dough forms. If a dough doesn’t form, add the rest of the water. If the dough is extremely wet and sticky, and a pinch of flour.
- Attach the dough hook to your mixer and start on a low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until a ball forms. This should take about 30 seconds. If the dough does not release from the sides of the bowl, add a pinch of flour. If the dough is very dry and flour-y, add a small amount of water.
- Once the dough forms into a ball, allow the mixer to knead for 8 minutes at medium-high.
- After the kneading is finished, divide the dough in half. Using floured hands, gently shape each dough into a boule. Set on a floured surface and dab with a little bit of olive oil to keep them moist. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To stretch the dough, pick up the risen dough and gently shape into a circle. Do not over-work or fold the dough. Drape the dough over both of your knuckles and rotate it around, allowing gravity to stretch it into a circle. If the dough starts to resist stretching, put it down and allow it to rest for a few minutes, at which point it will stretch more easily.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cornmeal onto a pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Place the stretched dough onto the peel and quickly add toppings. Cook at 500° for 5-7 minutes until browned. Enjoy!